Wednesday, May 9, 2012

CROATIA & BOSNIA: THE NEXT JOURNEY IN A LEGACY

Last year on my trip to Poland I saw a huge need for revival in Europe. Even though Europe has a rich history with Christianity, much like our own country, millions of people have still never heard the Gospel. Since my return from that trip my family and I have been praying that the Lord will reveal to us whether or not He wants us to return.

 Recently I have received a call from Greg Davis (Greg is a full time missionary in Germany with Proclaim!) asking me if I would like to go on another tour this summer. Greg has put together a band of wonderful musicians that are passionate about telling people about the hope that is in Christ. I am honored that Greg would invite me to do sound for this band and be on mission with them.

 As I mentioned before, Alisha and I have been praying that God would lead us to do more for His kingdom overseas and I believe that this is the answer to that prayer. So, we have decided to be obedient to this call and I have confirmed my flight to Germany for rehearsals that will start on the 16th of June. I am inviting you to be on mission with us as we go to the people of Croatia and Bosnia with the Good News of the Resurrection of Christ. Here is how you can join us:

 1.    Please pray that the Holy Spirit will work through the Proclaim! team and the local body of Christ to share the Gospel.

 2.    Pray that the hearts of the people of Croatia and Bosnia will be ready to receive the Good News with joy and gladness.

 3.    Please commit to praying for my family and me during this trip. While I am away, Alisha and the boys will most likely be back in Iowa to spend as much time as they can with her mother. Please be praying that she will be able to share her faith with her family, so that they will know the peace we have in Christ.

 4.    Because the concerts we will be doing are free to the public, all the expenses for travel, food, lodging, equipment, etc. will be coming out of our pockets. This trip will cost around $5000. That will include all my expenses for the trip and my lost wages from being off work for three weeks. Last year was nothing short of a miracle when God provided the exact amount by the day I left. I know if God is sending me on this trip, He will provide all that I will need. I am very excited to know that God may choose to use you to be that provision for me and my family. I can't wait to see how He will use each of you in this part of His story.

 You can donate to the expenses of this trip through the donation link on this blog. Donations are tax deductible. Proclaim! is a member of the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability.

 If anyone has any questions, please contact me, I would love to hear from you. Thank you for all of your thoughts, prayers and support.

 In Him,
 David, Alisha, Isaac, and Liam Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment