Wednesday, May 15, 2013

All Aboard!!!!

   As I am sitting at the Columbia Airport about to take off, I thought I would rant about a few things. Two weeks ago I was buried in school work and trying to find a good deal on a used car for my family. Next thing I know I am talking to a friend about a need for a sound guy in K-Stan. By the end of the week I was applying for a Visa (entry into K-stan) and trying to raise $3500. Most of my close friends didn't think this was the best idea and honestly I had no idea if it was or not; but I decided to step out in faith. It is funny how even though I think God may come through some how I am always waiting on some kind of senario where I have to justify my actions because something isn't going right. And even though I am slack and suspicious, God somehow provides these miraculous tasks that blow away my puny acts of faith. Let me explain further. Not only did my visa come a day early, all my funds were raised with days to spare. I am so amazed that God is not only calling me to take steps of faith by going but he is also asking others, some people I didn't ever expect, to participate in this journey through their acts of faith. God is a gracious and merciful God. He is my provider and I am humbled by his goodness.  
   Lately I have been reading about the persecution of Christians in the Middle East. This breaks my heart, but I am convinced that the Lord will be glorified through their deaths. I don't expect this trip to be a time of great fear for my life, but I do think that the men and women, in K-stan, who are living out there faith will face many trials and persecutions for their faith and for the work they are doing in their communities in the name of Christ. K-stan is mostly Muslim and their view of Christianity is connected to old Russia and has a bad taste to them. Any time God is being glorified and people are being changed through the hope of Christ, the enemy attacks. On this trip this may look like car trouble, government interference, equipment failure, and even Christians coming against each other. I believe the Lord can over come these things and I am asking you to continue to pray for me and the rest of the team, including the local missionaries we are going to work with. Also please continue to pray for my family while I am gone. Alisha has come down with a nasty ear infection on her first day of work and is trying to recover.
   Thank you all for you love and support. I will try to update my Instagram and Facebook while I am gone. Feel free to send me emails as well.

David Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment